Drinking water to lose weight is not only possible, but it’s the healthiest method to get fit, along with water therapy for weight loss

Did you know that when you’re dehydrated and need to drink water, your body can trick you into thinking you’re hungry?

This means that instead of depriving yourself with another extreme fat-free, carb-free, taste-free diet, you can start losing weight simply by drinking more water. This is the healthiest, most natural way to get in shape.

Drinking Water to Lose Weight

Young woman scaling her weightIf you’re trying to lose weight and find yourself hungry all the time, you’re probably doing something wrong.

The point of getting fit is to improve your health, not sacrifice it for a smaller waistline — and there’s nothing healthy about starving yourself.

There’s a good way and a bad way to lose weight:

  • When you’re sick, you lose weight without even trying because you are deprived of necessary nutrients. That’s the bad way to lose weight, and that’s what happens with severe dieting.
  • The best way to lose weight is healthy and natural, and it starts with drinking water.

Drinking Water to Lose Weight and stay healthy

Although thirst can be confused with hunger, that doesn’t mean drinking water is always the answer– you still need to eat!

Along with water, you need to consume the necessary proteins, carbohydrates, fibers, vitamins and minerals.

Water works hard for you:

It breaks down all food  you eat into smaller particles, transports those particles throughout the body and helps the assimilation.

It is important to drink enough water to metabolize the nutrients; otherwise, they will be stored in the body as fat, and stored fat is related to the accumulation of waste and toxins in the body.

Why you should be drinking water to lose weight

Being healthy and losing weight is possible if you understand the health benefits of drinking water.

Your Body's Many Cries for Water By F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.

Your Body’s Many Cries for Water By F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.

Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, author of Your Body’s Many Cries For Water, is a strong supporter of this theory.

As mentioned earlier, the sensation of thirst is easily confused with that of hunger. That alone can cause you to consume extra calories and gain weight.

But, the problem is even bigger: not only are you eating more, but when you are dehydrated, your body collects and stores more fat.

Dr. Batmanghelidj explains that your body needs the “clean energy” that comes from water. If you eat instead, your body receives the “dirty energy” that comes from food.

  • Only 20% of this dirty energy is used, and unless it is consumed by exercise, the remaining 80% of the energy is stored in your body as fat.
  • When drinking water to lose weight, all clean energy is consumed. It’s not that simple with fat. Fat needs to be burned through many steps before it is converted to carbon dioxide and passed out through the lungs.

The benefits of drinking water to lose weight don’t end here

  • Drinking water will dilute your blood’s acidity, restoring the pH balance
    – by storing fat, your body is actually protecting itself against metabolic and dietary acids (tells Dr. Young)
  • Water will also help flush toxins from your blood and intestines, helping your liver detoxify. Dehydration can actually harm your liver, leaving you with the  difficulty of detoxifying your body’s chemical by-products.

In the process of losing weight, it is very important for you to understand that good digestion is crucial. This will help your body to get the vital nutrients without storing the fat.


Leave a Reply